TO: Ray Dressler
Bergen County Parks Department
Bergen County Executive
I wish to thank you for the following good work in managing the Borg’s Woods property.
(1) It appears as if the large uprooted trees will be left undisturbed for nature, and for scientific study
(2) Your recent removal of large limbs and small fallen trees on the Main Trail, from same 3/13/2010 storm
(3) Your recent clean-up of several large bags of yard waste dumped near Allen Street entrance by local homeowners
(4) Also a few months ago, Park’s staff evidently cut the half-fallen mulberry along Fairmount Ave that was hanging on an electrical wire. I had pointed that out to you on the city’s last cleanup day
(5) Since the volunteers removed and disposed about 300 feet of barbed wire fencing along Fairmount Ave (a few years ago), there been slow clearing of the invasive multi-flora rose, and invasive Mulberries (some fallen) in the former vegetable garden area. Unsure who is doing it, the County or other parties. It hasn’t been me.
There’s nothing wrong with “thank you” emails. Most people do nothing but complain, and never extend their thanks when things go well. Let’s hope things continue to go well.
It’s a beautiful time of year in Borg’s. The Spring wildflowers bloomed 2 weeks ahead of their normal schedule. Tree leaves are coming out now, as if it was already May 1st. On both counts, it’s the earliest I’ve ever seen. A little extra rain, a little extra warmth….
– Eric Martindale